610 649 NAIL ( 6245 )
610 649 NAIL ( 6245 )
WARNING - THIS EVERYDAY BLOG USES STORIES AND LANGUAGE THAT WILL OFFEND.............SOMETIMES.
THE EVERYDAY LIFE OF A CLUB OWNER , FATHER , & A GUY.
SCROLL DOWN TO MOST RECENT DATE
I continued the philosophy work hard , treat everyone with respect , and have fun !! Help promote the BANDS as much as possible and these are my basic ingredients to run a small dive bar that's been around a long time.
Work hard :
Wheels ( my wife ) gets upset at me. She accuses me of one thing , " you only care about THE NAIL". She is right. If parties come around or social gatherings , I always say lets go and at the last second, I would have to work on bands , websites , or ideas or head to the club. She would get upset and I would eventually go out , but I must drive her insane. I have a sleep disorder. It's called sleep apnea. I sleep no more than 3 hours in a row. I use it to my advantage. When I get up in the middle of the night I would start working on NAIL promotions , websites , and business. I eat, sleep, and think THE NAIL. If I had to guess why I am so passionate about being a semi " successful " club. It's probably because certain people were against us. They said it was a foolish idea and a saturated business. We would be throwing money away. I had to prove them wrong , not for their opinions , but for myself. One person does stick out .........Wheels and I were over a " friend's " house. We'll call him " J ". Having a couple of beers with some " friends ", we decided to tell everyone we bought The Nail. J's brother-in-law, " T " , said " it is the worst business to get in and you will fail eventually" ( and this was a person that was successful and I respected back than). I will never ever ever forget that. Here we were ....proud owners of an established 60 year old nightclub that Wheels and I have been patronizing for 2 decades and now told we had absolutely no chance of making it.....not even a fake congratulations. He was the first of several to try to shoot our hopes down. Every time someone projects negativity towards our bar..........I WORK EVEN HARDER THAN BEFORE................... RUDY of Notre Dame would shit his pants. We bought the club in January of 1997 and as of today , we have the longest tenure of ownership of any owner dating back to its opening day as " Humps Bar " in 1948. This is a huge monumental enormous gigantic accomplishment since all employees bailed on us when times got tough. My claim to Un-fame......" In our first 2 years of ownership , we lost enough money to buy a house in Havertown." I had 4 jobs and Wheels had 3 to keep The Nail afloat. Our so called friends/employees did not know this. Wheels and I struggled for over 2 years working 60-65 hour work weeks while they got paid and our bills piled up like a mountain........you try it and see how long you last. We did it because we believed in the bar , the music , and ourselves. Yes we lost friends but true friends and family stuck with us. Little did we know the previous owner Mitch had Daddy buy him the bar as a college gift. So the books looked outstanding without a MORTGAGE. We found out his numbers were all lies at the settlement table. My famous antennas told me many times something was wrong , but we ended up driving the hard road. The quick story of the last owner and how we purchased The Nail. Wheels and I are sitting next to him at the bar one night. I say , " Hey Mitch , if you ever want to sell The Nail , Wheels and I would be interested. " He replies , " No , no , no , no , no I would never sell it. " He gets up and walks towards the front door. About midway he stops and comes right back to us and says , " Are you serious ? , we can meet tomorrow at Villanova Diner if you want ? " Holy shit did my antennas go up , but they were so clouded by my overwhelming feeling that I could own the infamous Nail one day. Anyway , back to the main story of employees and bailing friends. One old school employee left us because he wanted to get " out of the business ". The next week he got a job at a another bar as a bartender......not so old school there. These were the high hurdles Wheels and I had to endure.....day in and day out........by ourselves. It was time to rebuild.
Treating people with respect :
Its simple, treat people with some dignity , make some humor about myself ( usually about my penis size or sex life) and remove all angry people.........everybody should be treated the same. Saying jokes about myself makes people feel a little better about themselves and they say " you know what , I am not the only one that has money , health , or relationship problems.
Removing angry people:
Major priority here......nothing worse than sitting next to a drunken idiot proclaiming all life's answers while he works at Burger King deep frying onion rings. A Havertown policeman once quoted to me...." we never get any calls at The Rusty Nail ". I wonder how many bars can say that ? It seems every weekend there are fights or altercations at other clubs. This is our home and that's how we treat people. OUR ONE RULE , " GET IN A FIGHT......DONE FOR LIFE. "
When we started, I asked what can we do for the bands " promotionally " wise ? The same old answer ," we did it all and nothing will help". At the time, we were in 11 newspapers and had one generic monthly calendar. So , one weekend, Wheels and I went up to our mountain house ( that we built with our own hands ) with "phonebooks" from all over the counties. We made a list of all the newspapers and internet companies. I continue to make the list grow. Now, we are in 56 newspapers and affiliates.........radio promos..........our websites (www.thenail1.com., Facebook/rustynail together average over 1500 " hits " a day....that's unbelievable for such a small nightclub).......monthly calendars on time.......new illuminated outdoor sign............35 internet companies ...........mailing list............our own radio show , and it goes on. We have quadrupled the band intake. We let bands network with each other by having up to 4 bands or more on the weekends. I remember a phone call I took in 1999. The person said, " we played THE NAIL a couple a months ago, we brought alot of people, had fun , and would like another gig ". I said to him, " you mean no one has called you since than ? " Right there and than I took over the booking. I call all bands every Monday ( or Tuesday sometimes ) before and after they play here ( no other owner does this). Treat bands with respect...they are the backbone of THE NAIL . They are the ones working hard to bring people in, practicing, promoting ,and such....so, why the hell wouldn't I help them? I refuse to be the owner that's all drunk behind the bar with a disgusted face saying " they did not bring a 100 people....... they're done". I give out my home phone number (no other owner does this) to prevent frustrating phone tag and usually have 15-20 minute conversations with each individual band on the first phone call (no other owner does this) . I know if I was in a band, I would like a direct link to the owner and have a respectable conversation. I put myself in the shoes of the band and tell them how much we appreciate them. We lend out our PA system to bands playing "other " clubs for FREE ( what the hell other owner does this ? ). Several times with my van and easy pass (no other owner does this). We throw a huge "Wheelstock " party at our private vacation home that Wheels and I built ( 4 years to build ).........for 13 years it was completely free .... it was $20 for the last two years..... 330 people showed up last year ( damn hurricane ).....400 the year before ! Once again, a 4 day party and the NAIL supplies breakfast , lunch , dinner , beer , liquor , bands , and showers for everyone for 4 days ( show me one fucking owner that does this ??!! Throws a party for 400 people for 4 days for fucking FREE ??!! ). We ended it in 2006 because of the incredible amount of time , effort , wear & tear on our home , & neighbors being super pissed at us. The main reason for stopping this party was 2 out of 3 people did not who Wheels or myself were. We walk around to 40-50 campsites and say thank you and people would say , " who the hell are you ? " Yep the WHEELSTOCK party got so big people attending were now friends of friends of friends of friends and had no clue this was a RUST Y NAIL party and US thanking people for their support over the years.
Our website is updated & blogged every day under the " HISTORY " link , not one day ever missed....this includes weekends, holidays , and vacations. I talk about my life as if it were a soap opera (no other owner does this)........and in this business it usually is......mostly for entertainment though (doing this since day one of the takeover ) ( no other club owner does this ). I could go on and on and on.......no one comes close. I do all this because we do not have the luxury of the " walk in " crowd. We need the bands to work a little harder for us .....that's why I work 10 times harder than any other club owner.
We have our own radio show since 2005. All bands get plugs on our LIVE radio show. All bands do live interviews to promote ALL their shows and express their music and songs. What the hell other owners help promote other clubs ? Everyone helps a little......we help more.
We hope you join our little family.........simply known as THE NAIL.
" LIVE AT THE NAIL " RADIO SHOW !!!
We welcome these Radio Stations that promote our show
1370 WPAZ POTTSTOWN WWW.RADIOFREEWORLDWIDE.COM
HOLA 1600 am WXVU 89.1 fm KUR 88.3 fm
WEXP 530 am WWUV 90.7 fm WVUM 90.1 fm KUR 1670 am
WWXU 91.1 fm WWCY 89.5 fm WIN 88.9 fm ( WIN 89 )
WWEC 88.1 fm WWNW 88.9 fm WVUD 91.3 fm Berks Cable ( Ch 24 )
WPKN 89.5 fm WPKM 88.7 fm WDWN 89.1 fm Hometown Utilicom ( Ch 41 )
WPTC 88.1 fm WCUC 91.7 fm WSRN 91.5 fm
WDCV 88.3 fm WXLV 90.3 fm WRRG 88.9 fm 930 AM (The Cockroach)
WRHS 89.7 fm WVUD 91.3 fm WIXQ 91.7 FM WIXQ.COM
BLACK CIRCUS RADIO ( DEAD CELL RECORDS )
SHORTCAST.COM WSJR ( INTERNET ) WYBF 89.1 FM
WWW.THENAIL1.COM ( click on " radio show " on the left index on our home page. LISTEN AT ANYTIME )
WEBCASTED BY REAL AUDIO
** Do you have a contact with a college, internet or commercial radio station ? Any help to air our FREE show would be greatly appreciated. We are here to help the local bands of our communities. Our format is simple. We interview bands. The bands express their opinions and songs through their music.......with alittle fun too. ** This would increase our relationship with your band and The Nail nightclub.**
PERFORMED LIVE EVERY SUNDAY NIGHT AT 6 PM
** ALL BANDS GET PROMOTED **
ALL BANDS GET LIVE INTERVIEWS , CD EXPOSURE , ETC.. **
NO OTHER CLUB DOES THIS !!
We made our point ............work hard , respect , and promote. All businesses.....whether in a band or selling corn on the cob ........ should have this mentality and attitude.
*** BOOKING CONTACT AT mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org ***
SUNDAY 9 - 16 - 18
EVERYBODY HAD THE EAGLES WINNING " NO PROBLEM " THIS WEEK.....AND THEY GOT SMOKED. WE REALLY WERE NEVER IN THIS GAME FROM THE 1ST FRIGGIN' PLAY WHEN DESEAN JACKSON ( THANKS CHIP KELLY ) BURNED US FOR 75 YARDS. I TOTALLY AGREE WITH SETH JOYNER. I SAID IT ALL GAME , " WHY THE HELL DOES COREY CLEMENT NOT GET THE BALL WAYYYYYYY MORE !!!! I CAN'T STAND WHEN SOME RADIO SPORTS HOST " GUARANTEE " A WIN AND EAGLES WILL BE 4 - 0 IN THEIR FIRST 4 GAMES. ......WAY OFF. BLOW.
AFTER THE GAME I COULD NOT FIGURE WHY I WAS IN A SOMBER MOOD ALL NIGHT. THAN I THOUGHT......DAMN EAGLES LOST COUPLED WITH A PHILLIES LOSS TOT HE LAST PLACE MARLINS. MAN , I AM WAY TOO MUCH INTO SPORTS.
ANYWAY MY DAY :
AT THE NAIL BY 8:30AM. I SPEND ABOUT 2 HOURS DOING MY THING.
BACK HOME I START LOADING UP. I PACK MY VAN WITH TOOLS AND MY PUP. I ALSO MET WITH A RENTER WHO TOLD ME OUR PROPERTY HAS A STOVE THAT WON'T WORK AND SOME MOLD ON A KITCHEN WALL.........NICE.
STOP FOR GAS AND HEAD OUT. I MAKE GREAT TIME ON AN EASY RIDE. I MEET WHEELS AND A FRIEND. IT IS ABSOLUTELY PICTURE PERFECT " WHEELSTOCK " WEATHER. I REALLY LIKE HOW BEAUTIFUL IT CAN BE HERE.
WHEELS AND FRIEND DRIVE ME TO A HOME THAT FEEDS DEER. LAST NIGHT THEY SAW 3 BUCKS , 4 DOES , AND 3 BABIES ALL AT ONCE. THAT IS KINDA COOL. OUR CLEANER MET US LATER AND SAID 2 DAYS AGO SHE HAD A BUCK EAT RIGHT OUT OF HER HAND. SHE ALSO TOLD US ONE BLACK BEAR CUB WAS HIT BY A CAR ON ROUTE 940 AND ONE HUGE 800 POUND BLACK BEAR WAS HIT ON ROUTE 80. THAT IS A DAMN SHAME.
BACK HOME I WATCH THE EAGLES BLOW AND WHEELS AND A FRIEND GO FOR A WALK. THEY WALKED ALOT THE TIME THEY SPENT HERE.
THEY ROLL OUT AND I BEGIN SOME OF MY PUNCH LIST STUFF. I WAS JUST HERE 2 WEEKS AGO AND MY PUNCH LIST IS AT 14 THINGS TO DO ALREADY.
HERE ARE SOME :
- OPEN UP CRAWL SPACE AND REMOVE A LAWN MOWER AND LADDER. THIS IS ALWAYS FUN TO DO.
- I LET THE PUP CHILL OUTSIDE AS I CUT THE LAWN. I DID NOT WANT TO DO IT BUT THE WEATHER IS SO NICE AND I FIGURED THIS MAY BE THE LAST TIME I AM HERE FOR A COUPLE OF MONTHS.
- REPLACE A 4' FLORESCENT BULB IN A LAUNDRY AREA.
- BEFORE THEY LEFT , WHEELS AND A FRIEND HELPED ME SWITCH OUT THE MUDROOM REFRIGERATOR. THE ONE IN MY VAN WORKED AND FIT PERFECTLY. THEY CLEANED IT UP AND IT LOOKS 10X BETTER THAN THE OLD ONE.
- WE PLACE THE OLD FRIDGE OUTSIDE AND I HOPE PP&L ELECTRIC COMPANY WILL TAKE IT TOMORROW. THEY ACCEPT PICKING UP OLD FRIDGES AND GIVE A $35 CREDIT TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ONE MINOR PROBLEM. THEY ONLY TAKE UP TO 30 CUBIC INCH FRIDGES. OURS IS 32. MAN I HOPE THEY TAKE IT.
- CLIMB ON THE UPPER ROOF AND IT WAS THE FIRST TIME I CAN REMEMBER WHERE I CAME BACK DOWN THE LADDER. I RE-ADJUSTED THE LADDER FROM THE BALCONY DECK AND WENT BACK UP. I LEAF BLEW THE ROOF AND GUTTERS. I ALSO TOOK 2 PICTURES. ONE WAS REALLY COOL OF THE LAKE FROM 30 FEET UP ATOP THE ROOF AND THE OTHER WAS A SELFIE OF ME THAT I DELETED ALMOST IMMEDIATELY. IT IS A COOL PICTURE OF THE BACK YARD THAT I JUST MOWED. THE WOODS AND THE LAWN LOOK REALLY NEAT. THERE WAS JUST ONE PROBLEM......MY FAT HEAD. WORSE PICTURE EVER.
- LEAF BLOW THE AWNING ROOF AND THAN ALL THE DECKS.
- SECURE A SPINDLE REMOVED FROM A DECK. I WAS THE LAST ONE HERE. SOMEONE REMOVED A SPINDLE AND THREW IT IN A TRASHCAN. I GUESS PEOPLE USE OUR DECK WHILE FISHING OR WHAT NOT.
- WIPED DOWN WITH A BLEACH SPRAY CLEANER ALL 1ST FLOOR WINDOW SILLS. NOT SURE WHY I AM SO ANAL ABOUT THIS EVERY TIME I COME HERE.
WATCHED " ALASKAN BUSH PEOPLE " AND GIANTS/COWBOYS GAME. TECHNICALLY WE WANTED THE COWBOYS TO WIN BECAUSE THE GIANTS ARE PROBABLY THE BETTER TEAM IN THE LONG RUN......BUT I NEVER EVER CHEER FOR THE COWBOYS. I ONLY WATCHED IT PERIODICALLY FOR ABOUT 10 MINUTES TOTAL.
SET UP MY BED AND CPAP AND IT WAS OFF TO SLEEP. I DID WAKE UP SEVERAL TIMES. ONCE TO PEE AND ONE TO GET WATER. BY 6AM I COULDN'T LAY DOWN ANYMORE.
MONDAY 9 - 17 - 18
TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY............WITH A COUPLE OF MADDENING OCCURRENCES.
FOR THE MOST PART I FINISHED MY PUNCH LIST. I AM SO GLAD I DID ALL OUTSIDE JOBS ON SUNDAY BECAUSE THE RAIN HAS COME. WHEELS GETS 4 DAYS OF BEAUTIFUL PICTURESQUE WEATHER , I GET MONSOON WATER.............BLOW.
I STILL ENJOY BEING HERE. WHEN YOU BUILD A HOUSE WITH YOUR OWNS HANDS AND YOU KNOW EVERY SQUARE INCH THERE IS A WONDERFUL SATISFACTION. SOMETIMES I THINK OF THE HORRIBLE DECISIONS I MADE OVER THE YEARS AND THERE IS ALOT OF THEM..............BUT NOT THIS HOUSE.
HERE IS THE LIST AND REMEMBER I WAS HERE JUST 3 WEEKS AGO.
- CHECK OUR ATTIC FOR A GOOD SIZE CRITTER. I HAVE SOME SERIOUS TRAPS UP THERE BUT NO RENTERS , WHEELS , OR MYSELF HAVE HEARD ANYTHING LATELY. NONE OF THE TRAPS WERE TRIPPED FOR 3 WEEKS.
- USING A CLEANING SPRAY WITH BLEACH I WIPED DOWN THE BALCONY DECK CHAIRS AND AN AREA ON THE MAIN DECK WHERE THE BOARDS TURNED BLACK. THE CHAIRS ARE GOOD BUT THE BLACK BOARDS ONLY CLEANED UP A LITTLE. I ALSO WIPED DOWN SOME SIDING THAT HASN'T BEEN CLEANED IN 20 YEARS.
- INSTALLED " DAMP RID " IN 2 LOCATIONS. TOMORROW , I MAY PICKUP AIR FRESHENERS AND MORE DAMP RIDS. SOMETIMES THIS HOUSE GETS A LITTLE MUSTY.
** OH , JUST ONE THING ABOUT THESE DAMP RIDS. THEY ARE A CONTAINER HALF FILLED WITH WATER. THE TOP HALF IS 1000'S OF WHITE PELLETS TO SOAK UP MOISTURE. WELL , I INSTALLED ONE IN THE MUDROOM. I HAVE IT SITTING ON THE EDGE OF A SHELF AND I TELL MYSELF , " CHRIS , DUMB ASS , MOVE THAT DAMP RID TO ANOTHER LOCATION UNTIL YOUR DONE MAKING A SPACE FOR IT. " I TOLD MYSELF THIS 5 TIMES. BUT I CAREFULLY MOVED THINGS AROUND UNTIL THE AREA WAS CLEARED. FIVE SECONDS BEFORE MOVING THE DAMP RID AN OLD ICE MAKER FALLS AND HITS THE CONTAINER. FUCKING 1000'S OF WHITE PELLETS ALL OVER THE MUDROOM. THE SCREAMS OF PAIN WHERE HEARD THROUGHOUT THE DEVELOPMENT **
- INSTALLED A 4' FLORESCENT BULB IN A LAUNDRY AREA.
- USING MY YOUNGEST'S ACRYLIC PAINT I TOUCHED UP OUR DAMAGED REFRIGERATOR. FOR THE MOST PART IT IS ACCEPTABLE EVEN THOUGH A RENTER SHOULD OF FIXED IT.
- SPEAKING OF RENTERS - WHO THE FUCK MAKES PENCIL MARKS OF KID'S HEIGHT ON A RENTAL PROPERTY'S KITCHEN WALL ? WHO THE FUCK DOES THIS ??!! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME ??!!! I HAD TO CLEAN THE WALL OF ABOUT 10 NAMES. FELT SORRY FOR THE KID NAMED " BOON ".
- PP&L TAKES OUR OLD REFRIGERATOR. THEY WERE HERE 5 MINUTES. THIS WAS VERY COOL. THEY TAKE THE OLD FRIDGE FOR FREE AND GIVE YOU A $35 CREDIT ON YOUR NEXT BILL........GOOD TRADE. I AM NOT SURE WHY THE FRIDGE HAS TO BE PLUGGED IN AND IN WORKING CONDITION. THE 2 GUYS ARRIVED , ONE GUY SMASHED THE HANDLES OFF WITH HIS HAND , AND THEY DOLLIED IT TO THEIR TRUCK. HE SAID , " OK , THAT'S IT. HAVE A GOOD DAY. "
- SHAMPOOED THE WHITE SECTIONAL. MY MOTHER-IN-LAW GAVE US A SMALL PORTABLE SHAMPOO MACHINE. WE HAVE NOT USED IT IN 4 YEARS. SO I BROUGHT IT TO THE MOUNTAIN HOUSE SEVERAL MONTHS AGO AND USED IT ONCE. I FIGURE I AM HERE WHY NOT CLEAN IT AGAIN.....SO I DID.
** OH , JUST ONE MORE THING , I AM ABOUT 80% DONE CLEANING THE SECTIONAL AND I NOTICE THE WATER IS COLD. I AM THINKING THIS CAN NOT BE RIGHT SINCE I PUT HOT SOAPY WATER IN THE PLASTIC CHAMBER. WELL , SO I THOUGHT. I FILLED THE " CAPTURE " BIN INSTEAD OF THE " FILLING " BIN. GO OVER TO THE SINK AND EMPTY THE NEW SOAPY WATER INTO THE " FILL " SECTION OF THE CONTAINER. WHILE I AM DOING THIS THE " CAPTURE " PLASTIC BIN SPILLS ON THE KITCHEN COUNTER TOP. SCREAMS COULD BE HEARD THROUGHOUT THE DEVELOPMENT. I LABELED THE FILLING BIN WITH A SHARPIE SO ON ONE EVER HAS TO FEEL THAT PAIN **
FAT PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE DOING THIS :
- USING A LADDER I TRY TO REACH A BURNT OUT CEILING BULB. I TRY 4 DIFFERENT LOCATIONS WITH THE LADDER BUT CAN'T REACH THE BULB. I DECIDE TO WALK OUT ON THE BEAM 10 FEET HIGH AND FROM THE 2ND FLOOR. THE GREAT WALLENDA I AM NOT BUT I MOVED MY HOOVES ALONG THE BEAM TO THE FRONT WALL. I WAS JUST BARELY ABLE TO REACH AND CHANGE THE BULB EXCEPT FOR ONE THING.......I FORGOT THE NEW BULB. SCREAMS WERE HERD THROUGHOUT THE DEVELOPMENT.
- WHILE ON THE BEAM I FIGURED I CLEAN THE CEILING FAN. AFTER JUST 15 SECONDS I KNEW THIS WAS A BAD IDEA. I GOT OFF THE BEAM AND USED THE LADDER AND CLEANED THE ENTIRE FAN. I MOVE THE LADDER OUTSIDE.
- WHENEVER OUR CEILING FAN SQUEAKS I KNOW IT IS ONE THING.....A LOOSE FAN BLADE. RETRIEVING THE LADDER OUTSIDE FOR THE 5TH TIME I SET IT UP AND CLIMB. I FIND THE ONE LOOSE SCREW AND NOW THE FAN SPINS SILENTLY.
- DUST THROUGHOUT THE HOUSE WITH A LONG POLE DUSTER.
- PUT AWAY THE LAWN MOWER AND LADDER UNDER OUR CRAWL PLACE AND SEAL IT WITH 2 DOORS.
I SETTLE IN AND MAKE LEFTOVER PIZZA. THERE ARE 3 PLAIN PIZZA SLICES LEFT FROM 3 DAYS AGO. HMMMM ........MMM THEY LOOK GOOD......SAID NO ONE EVER. SO , EACH SLICE GOT SOME TOPPINGS. ONE RECEIVED THINLY SLICED ONIONS AND SOME EXTRA CHEESE , ANOTHER GOT SALSA , AND THE FINAL SLICE I ADDED SAUSAGES FROM A SCALOPPINI DINNER THAT WHEELS MADE. OVERALL , IT WAS MUCH BETTER THAN PLAIN.
SUCKED US IN AGAIN - PHILLIES DOWN 4 - 0 AND I WATCH OTHER SHOWS. I TURN IT BACK ON AND THEY TIED IT 4 - 4. OKAY.....COOL. A MET PLAYER ON 3RD BASE WITH 2 OUTS. I CHANGE THE CHANNEL TO NFL FOOTBALL. I GO BACK TO THE PHILLIES GAME JUST SECONDS LATER AND SEE IT IS A COMMERCIAL. I SAY TO MYSELF , " OK GOOD. THE PITCHER GOT HIM OUT AND THEY WENT TO A COMMERCIAL. " THE COMMERCIAL ENDS AND THE PHILLIES ARE LOSING 5 - 4. I SAY , " JESUS , HOW THE HELL DID THEY SCORE A RUN AND THAN GET ANOTHER BATTER OUT IN 30 SECONDS ??!! "
SPEAKING OF SPORTS , THE EAGLES ANNOUNCED JUST 10 HOURS AFTER THE TAMPA BAY LOSS THAT CARSON WENTZ WILL BE STARTING AGAINST THE COLTS THIS SUNDAY AT HOME. FIRST THING I THOUGHT.....WHY DIDN'T HE START AGAINST TAMPA BAY ?
OH , I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR EAGLES/COLTS TICKETS AND NOW THAT WENTZ IS RETURNING THE PRICES WILL GO UP.
I WATCH 2 EPISODES OF " IRON FIST ". THEY WERE OKAY TO GOOD. I ALSO WATCH HOW THE MOVIE " VACATION " WITH CHEVY CHASE WAS MADE....VERY GOOD INSIDE STUFF.
I ALSO TALKED TO ABOUT 6 BANDS TONIGHT WHICH IS ALWAYS A GOOD THING.
SEE SOME DEER WHICH IS COOL. I SEND A PICTURE OF A BABY DEER JUST FEET FROM OUR BACK DECK TO WHEELS. I ALSO SENT A PICTURE TO WHEELS OF THE PP&L MOVERS TAKING OUR OLD FRIDGE. MAN , I HATED THAT FRIDGE AND ITS NON STOPPING LEAK. I SPENT $40 FOR THIS PERFECT BACK-UP FRIDGE. I WILL BE CALLED CHEAP AGAIN. I NEVER GET COMPLIMENTS ON CRAIGSLIST PURCHASES.
GOT TIRED AROUND 9PM BUT THOUGHT I CAN NOT GO TO BED NOW. I FORCED MYSELF TO STAY UP UNTIL 11:30PM. I SLEPT DECENT AND WOKE UP TWICE. I LET THE DOG OUT AROUND 4:30AM. I HAD TO GO BACK TO BED. I WOKE UP AT 9:30AM.....NICE.
NOW , MY DILEMMA........ALL PROJECTS AND PUNCH LISTS ARE DONE. DO I STAY ANOTHER DAY IN THE RAIN OR DRIVE HOME IN THE RAIN? I HAVE A LONG POTENTIALLY REALLY FUN DAY TOMORROW SO I NEED TO BE AT MY HOUSE BY 10AM. HMMMMM.......DECISIONS DECISIONS.
TUESDAY 9 - 18 - 18
AS THE SONG GOES BY THE CLASH......." SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO NOW......"
DEEP DOWN I KNEW THE RIGHT DECISION. IT JUST MADE IT TOUGHER SINCE THE RAIN STOPPED AND THE BLUE SKIES OPENED UP. AGAIN , IT WAS PICTURE PERFECT SO I COMPROMISED.
I HAD MOST OF MY PROJECTS DONE SO I TOOK A RIDE TO THE FAMILY DOLLAR STORE. I PURCHASE SOME AIR FRESHENERS AND LOOKED FOR MORE DAMP RID PRODUCTS. OF COURSE , THEY WERE OUT OF THEM SO I TOOK A RIDE TO ANOTHER DOLLAR STORE ABOUT 2 BLOCKS AWAY. WHY 2 DOLLAR STORES SO CLOSE ?.....I HAVE NO IDEA.
THE 2ND DOLLAR STORE HAD NO DAMP RIDS LIKE THE FIRST. BOTH STORES I ASKED A GIRL FOR HELP. THIS ONE I DECIDED TO TAKE A 2ND AND 3RD LOOK. I FIND 3 DAMP RIDS ON THE BACK OF THE SHELF AT THE VERY BOTTOM ROW.......NICE. I WILL TELL YOU ONE THING. THESE DOLLAR STORES HAVE SOME REALLY GOOD PRICING.
I DROVE BY TWICE AT 4:30PM AND 6:30PM TO A HOME THAT FEEDS DEER. I HEARD THERE WERE 3 BUCKS HANGING OUT AND I LIKE TO SEE THEM. UNFORTUNATELY , THEY WERE NOT THERE BUT I DID TAKE A PICTURE OF A YOUNG FAWN JUST FEET FROM MY VAN.
BACK HOME THE PUP FREAKS OUT. SHE IS IN FULL PLAY MODE. WE PLAY FOR ABOUT 10 MINUTES AND I ENJOYED IT. I MAKE A CHEESE BURGER AND WATCH THE FINAL EPISODES OF " IRON FIST ". I WATCHED 3 EPISODES AND ALL OF THEM WERE VERY GOOD UP UNTIL THE VERY ENDING. IT GOT A LITTLE SILLY AND NOT " BELIEVABLE ". BUT OVERALL IT WAS A VERY GOOD 2 SEASONS AND I WILL WATCH SEASON 3 IF THERE IS ONE.
I POSTED ON FACEBOOK " MAN I MISS WHEELSTOCK ". WHILE ON THE UPPER ROOF OF OUR HOUSE I TOOK A PICTURE OF THE LAKE. THAN ANOTHER PICTURE AT THE LAKE. 2 BEAUTIFUL PICTURES THAT REMINDED ME OF WHEELSTOCK WEATHER.
CHECK SOME OF MY ATTIC TRAPS AND AGAIN THERE IS NO MOVEMENT. THIS IS A GOOD THING.
I BRING THE PUP OUTSIDE AND ORGANIZE MY VAN WITH A 1000 TOOLS FOR TRAVEL. OF COURSE , WHILE I WAS DRIVING TO THE DOLLAR STORES A BUCKET OF TOOLS FELL OVER. I SPEND ABOUT 20 MINUTES PREPPING THE VAN FOR THE DRIVE BACK HOME. I ALSO MAKE A COMFY SPOT FOR THE PUP TO LAY DOWN ON. SHE IS NOT THE BEST CAR TRAVELER.
DAMN........HAD THE PERFECT CRAIGSLIST PERSON FOR EAGLES TICKETS AND I DROPPED THE PROVERBIAL BALL. HE HAD 2 - 4 TICKETS ON THE 40 YARD LINE & 12TH ROW FOR $150 EACH. THIS IS ACTUAL FACE VALUE PRICE FOR THE MOST PART BUT I THOUGHT IT WAS A SCAM. IT ENDS UP HE WORKS AT A CAR DEALERSHIP AND IT WAS ALL TRUE.....DAMN IT. I WILL KEEP TRYING ESPECIALLY CLOSER TO GAME TIME.
BACK TO THE MOUNTAIN HOUSE. OH , CLEANING AND LOADING UP ABSOLUTELY BLOWS BY YOURSELF. I PLACE THE AIR FRESHENERS' AND DAMP RIDS THROUGHOUT THE HOUSE. I VACUUM , DO DISHES , AND FINISH EVERYTHING I KNOW IN LEAVING OUR HOME. THERE ARE ALWAYS LITTLE THINGS TO DO AND I GET THEM DONE.
STOP AT THE DUMPSTER AND THE HOME THAT FEEDS DEER. I WAS ON THE ROAD BY 6:30PM. I MADE GREAT TIME AND DID NOT EXPECT THE DARKNESS TO COME BY SO QUICKLY. I ARRIVE HOME AT 8PM AND MY YOUNGEST HELPS ME UNLOAD. IT WAS A JOY TO SEE HER.
I CHECK ON THE BARTENDER WHO POSTED REALLY FUNNY VIDEOS OF THE POOL TEAM RE-ENACTING THE SCENE FROM WHEN " BABY " RUNS AND IS CAUGHT ABOVE THE HEAD OF PATRICK SWAYZE. THEY ARE ON FACEBOOK AND PRETTY ENTERTAINING.
WHEELS GOES TO A PHILLIES GAME ON A GIRL'S NIGHT OUT. I KNOW THEY HAD A BLAST AND THE PHILLIES EVEN WON.
WIND DOWN THE NIGHT WITH A BEER AND BRANDY. I THINK THIS IS GOOD BECAUSE I DID NOT ENJOY THE BEER OR BRANDY AS MUCH AS I THOUGHT I WOULD. I WATCHED THE LATEST MOVIE OF THIS PIRATE SERIES CALLED " PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN:DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES " WITH JOHNNY DEPP AS JACK SPARROW. IT WAS GOOD BUT I DID NOT LAST. I HAVE ABOUT 20 MINUTES TO FINISH IT.
WEDNESDAY 9 - 19 - 18
A LADY IN LINE BEHIND ME SAYS , " LET ME TELL YOU , SUPERMAN IS FUCKIN' LEGIT ,BUT EL TORO .......I HAD TO RE-EVALUATE MY LIFE. " YEP.......I REALLY DIDN'T NEED TO HEAR THIS.
I HAVE TO ADMIT I HAD ANXIETY ABOUT THIS DAY. MY WHOLE LIFE I NEVER DID ROLLER COASTERS. TWO YEARS AGO I DID HERSEY PARK AND THE KIDS GUILTED ME ON. I MEAN I SEE 15 YEAR OLD GIRLS GOING ON THESE MONSTER RIDES SO MY PRIDE WAS AT STAKE. WELL , THAT WAS 2 YEARS AGO AND MY FIRST TIME EVER DOING ROLLER COASTERS. IT WAS ALSO ABOUT 30 POUNDS AGO. I DID NOT FEEL FULLY SAFE IN ANY ROLLER COASTER RIDE TODAY. THIS IS NOT A GOOD APPROACH TO THE RIDE.
NOW , I HAVE ONE ISSUE WITH ROLLER COASTER RIDES......GOING UP. I LOVE SPEED AND EVEN THINK OF MY MOTORCYCLE WHEN GOING FAST ON THESE RIDES. THE TWISTS AND TURNS AND UPSIDE DOWN ACTUALLY MAKE ME LAUGH AND ARE ENTERTAINING. BUT THAT DAMN SLOW RIDE UP.....THAT DAMN SLOW RIDE UP.
SO HERE IS OUR DAY AT 6 FLAGS GREAT ADVENTURE :
- LOAD UP KIDS , WATER , SOME SNACKS , AND GET ON THE ROAD. WHILE TALKING TO WHEELS I MISS THE PA. TURNPIKE ENTRANCE WHICH I HAVE TAKEN 2000 TIMES. I GO AROUND GERMANTOWN PIKE AND COME TO THE TRAFFIC LIGHT THAT RE-ENTERS YOU TO THE ENTRANCE. THERE IS ONE PROBLEM. THE TRAFFIC LIGHT IS SUPER SHORT. I MEAN 4 CARS AT MOST WILL GO. THE LINE HAD 30 CARS IN IT. SO I GO UP THE RIGHT LANE PRETENDING TO GO STRAIGHT AND AT THE LAST SECOND JUT INTO THE LEFT LANE AND GO THROUGH THE LIGHT WHICH JUST TURNED RED. I SAVED ABOUT 20 MINUTES OF TIME. BUT THE GUY BEHIND ME WAS NOT A HAPPY CAMPER FOR ME CUTTING HIM OFF. HE FOLLOWED ME THROUGH THE RED LIGHT AND LAID ON HIS HORN FOR 60 SECONDS. I PULLED OVER TO WAVE HIM TO ME AND WE COULD SETTLE IT " OUT OF COURT " BUT HE DROVE ON. I ASSUME HE SAW MY FAT HEAD AND FIGURED , " MAN , BY THE SIZE OF THIS GUY'S HEAD HE MUST BE 300 POUNDS. I WILL JUST HONK MY HORN AND GIVE HIM A MEAN GRANDPA SIMPSON GRIMACE. " WE LAUGH IT OFF AND GET ON THE TURNPIKE.
- WE MAKE EXCELLENT TIME. G.P.S. SAID 65 MINUTES AND WE DID IT IN 55 MINUTES. THE PARK OPENS AT 11AM AND WE ARRIVE AROUND 11:30AM. THE LINES OF CARS ARE ABSOLUTELY PACKED. THE PARK IS SHORT STAFFED BECAUSE ALOT OF THEIR WORKERS ARE COLLEGE STUDENTS WHO RETURNED TO SCHOOL. IT WAS ALL HANDS ON DECK TO HELP OUT. IT WAS $25 FOR GENERAL PARKING AND $45 FOR PREFERRED PARKING. WE DID GENERAL BECAUSE IT WAS ONLY AN EXTRA 30 SECOND WALK TO THE ENTRANCE.
- WE MEET THE COUSINS.....AND GET HOOKED UP.
** I HAVE TO THANK MY COUSINS FOR HELPING US WITH TICKETS BIG TIME. MY ONE COUSIN WORKS HERE AND IS RENTING OUR MOUNTAIN HOUSE TOO. THE WOMAN THAT GAVE HER THE PASSES IS ALSO RENTING OUR HOUSE. THIS WAS A NICE LITTLE EXCHANGE. ANYWAY , THEY COMPED US 5 TICKETS. NOW , THESE WERE REGULAR TICKETS TO GET US IN FOR RIDES AND THE SAFARI ADVENTURE. BUT THEY ALSO CAME WITH " EXIT PASSES ". NOW LET ME EXPLAIN THE 3 TYPES OF TICKETS.
1 - REGULAR TICKETS - AVERAGE TIME TO STAND IN LINE FOR ONE RIDE IS 45 MINUTES OR LONGER. THIS WOULD BE ON A 1/2 FULL PARK.
2 - FLASH PASS TICKETS - THESE TICKETS YOU BYPASS THE LINE BY WALKING A SEPARATE RAILING WALKWAY. THIS WILL CUT YOUR WAIT TIME IN HALF OR MORE.
3 - EXIT PASS TICKETS - THESE SUPER TICKETS PASS EVERYBODY. IN FACT , YOU DON'T EVEN GO TO THE ENTRANCE OF THE RIDE. YOU GO TO THE EXIT AND ENTER THERE AFTER BRIEFLY TALKING TO AN EMPLOYEE.
** SO TRY TO GUESS WHICH TICKETS WE GOT ? YEP.......NUMBER 3. WE HAD 7 PASSES FOR 5 PEOPLE OR 7 RIDES. YOU ACTUALLY FEEL GUILTY PASSING 100'S OF PEOPLE AND YOU DO GET MEAN LOOKS AND SCRUFF REMARKS. **
- WE MEET AND GREET AT THE ENTRANCE GATE. I SEE MY COUSIN HELPING WITH TICKET SALES SINCE THEY ARE SHORT STAFFED. I WALK UP THE LINE AND SAY TO HER , " EXCUSE ME , DO THEY LET ITALIANS THROUGH THIS LINE ? " SHE LAUGHED. MY 2 DAUGHTERS AND A FRIEND ALL SAY HELLO. ANOTHER HUGE PLUS IS HAVING THE HUSBAND BE OUR TOUR GUIDE. HE KNOWS THE PARK AND KNOWS THE RIDES. SO , WE HAVE COMPED SUPER TICKETS AND A PERSON TO HELP US NAVIGATE. EVEN COOLER IS , WHEN MY COUSIN GETS OFF AT WORK AT 5PM SHE WOULD JOIN US. WHEN SHE JOINED US WE DID NOT HAVE TO RENT LOCKERS FOR $1 ANYMORE...YEAH !!!!! ( OK , JUST KIDDING BUT IT WAS STILL NICE TO WALK WITH HER AND HEAR ABOUT THIS REMARKABLE PARK. I GOT A TON OF IN-DEPTH DETAIL OF HOW IT RUNS. THEY HAVE THEIR OWN FIRE DEPARTMENT , DOCTORS , MAINTENANCE , ENGINEERS .......EVERY TRADE IS ON SITE. THIS TRULY IS A MONSTER OF A BUSINESS. ON FRIGHT FEST THEY DID 37,000 PEOPLE IN ONE DAY. THE NUMBERS ARE MIND BOGGLING.
- FIRST WE DO THE SAFARI RIDE. LARGE ARMY TRUCKS DRIVE YOU AROUND THE PARK AND THROUGH DIFFERENT SECTIONS. ALL KINDS OF ANIMALS LIVED THERE. MY STAND-OUTS ARE :
1 - SEVERAL EXTINCT ANIMALS LIKE THE WHITE RHINO ARE SAVED HERE. THERE WAS ANOTHER ANIMAL THAT WAS EXTINCT AND BEING RE-INTRODUCED AND EXPANDED VIA THIS PARK. ONE FACT THAT WAS COOL IS THEY STARTED SPRAYING THE RHINO'S HORNS AND ELEPHANTS TUCKS PINK TO RUIN THE VALUE IN THE BLACK MARKET.
2 - CUTEST - THE BEARS IN THE PONDS - ONE BEAR CALLED " BUBBLES " PUTS HER WHOLE HEAD UNDER THE WATER AND BLOWS .....WELL , YOU GUESSED IT......BUBBLES.
3 - BADDEST - GOES TO A FEMALE LION STALKING WHAT LOOKED LIKE YAKS ALONG A FENCE LINE. THE LION STAYED LOW ON A HILL AND THAN SPRANG UP TO THE FENCE WHERE THE BUFFALO OR YAK LIKE COW WAS WALKING AND FEEDING. THEY DID NOT FLINCH AN INCH. THEY TOTALLY MESSED WITH THE LION.
4 - COOLEST - THE WHITE BENGAL TIGER - SO FRIGGIN' MAJESTIC LOOKING.
5 - THE ABSOLUTE BEST WAS ONE GIRAFFE CAME RIGHT UP TO THE VEHICLE. MY YOUNGEST'S FRIEND WAS NOT ONLY FEET FROM IT BUT INCHES. SHE WANTED TO PET IT BUT DID NOT. LET ME TELL YOU A 4,000 POUND ANIMAL INCHES FROM YOU GIVES A LITTLE MORE PERSPECTIVE OF HOW LARGE THESE ANIMALS CAN GET. THIS PICTURE IS ON FACEBOOK AND SUPER COOL !!!
OVERALL , A NICE WAY TO START THE DAY. THE MAIN BUILDING THAT FEEDS ANIMALS AND YOU CAN PET THEM WAS CLOSED SO THAT KINDA SUCKED. THERE WAS LIMITED STOPPING ALSO BUT IT WAS A GOOD TIME AND OUR FEMALE GUIDE DID A VERY GOOD JOB OF EXPLAINING ALL THE ANIMALS TO US.
- AFTER THE SAFARI WE TAKE THE SKYRIDE ACROSS THE PARK. THIS IS A WONDERFUL TIME TO TAKE PICTURES. THE PARK IS HUGE AND COVERS OVER 500 ACRES. ONE CUTE THING IS AS YOU PASSED OTHERS IN THE SKYRIDE SOME YOUNG GIRLS YELLED OUT " MARCO !! ". OF COURSE WE YELLED BACK " POLO. "
- RUNAWAY MINE TRAIN - I CONVINCE THE KIDS AND MY COUSIN TO TAKE A KID'S ROLLER COASTER BEFORE LUNCH. IT ONLY HAD A 5 MINUTE LINE. THIS WAS MY WORSE DECISION OF THE DAY AND I WOULD NOT MAKE ANOTHER OFFER AGAIN ON RIDES. WHY ? THE TRAIN BROKE DOWN SEVERAL TIMES AND WE ENDED UP WAITING 30 MINUTES. THE RIDE WAS ACTUALLY A GOOD STARTER COASTER FOR ME. AGAIN , REMEMBER , I HAVE NEVER DONE ROLLER COASTER THROUGHOUT MY LIFE......NOT ONE.
- WE MEET UP WITH MY COUSIN AND I TREAT FOR LUNCH. THERE ARE TWO THINGS YOU MUST SET YOUR MIND WHEN GOING TO A HUGE PARK LIKE THIS. 1 - WAITING AND 2 - EVERYTHING IS EXPENSIVE. I HAD THIS PROCESSED BEFORE I EVEN LEFT MY HOUSE. SO WHEN THE BILL OF $88 CAME I DID NOT FLINCH AT ALL. IT WAS 5 ORDERS OF CHICKENS FINGERS WITH SODAS AND ONE BEER. ONE COUSIN GRABS A TABLE WHICH WAS A SMART THING TO DO. THE LINES WERE 50 PEOPLE DEEP. IMAGINE GOING TO MCDONALDS AND THE LINE IS 50 PEOPLE LONG. EVERYWHERE YOU GO WAS LONG LINES.
** I AM NOT GOING TO REMEMBER THE ORDER BUT I WILL TELL THE RIDES WE DID AND WHAT I THOUGHT OF THEM **
THE RIDES : I WILL POST PICTURES ON FACEBOOK. - I HIGHLY RECOMMEND GOOGLING FOR PICTURES OF THESE RIDES FOR A BETTER PERSPECTIVE. OH , REMEMBER WE HAVE OUR " EXIT PASS TICKETS ". I AM TELLING YOU WE PAST 100'S AND 100'S OF PEOPLE ALL DAY IN SECONDS. I TRULY WOULD NOT GO WITHOUT FLASH OR EXIT PASSES. IMAGINE EACH RIDE TAKES ONE HOUR WITH WAITING. YOU WOULD BASICALLY DO 6 RIDES ALL DAY.
- THE DARK KNIGHT - A COASTER THAT HAS YOUR FEET DANGLING. I LIKE IT AND HAD NO PROBLEM WITH IT. THERE ARE NO DOUBT TWISTS , TURNS , AND GOING UPSIDE BRIEFLY BUT OVERALL IT WAS SMOOTH. THESE ARE THE ONES I CAN HANDLE......SMOOTH RIDES.
- GREEN LANTERN - THIS COASTER YOU STAND UP IN. MY LEGS HURT BY THE END OF THE RIDE BUT OVERALL I WAS OKAY WITH IT. I HAD A WONDERFUL YOUNG COUPLE FROM BROOKLYN ON THEIR 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY. AS WE ARE GOING UP THE LONG BELT OF THE COASTER TO THE TOP I SAY , " SO......WHERE YA FROM ? " THEY START LAUGHING AND WE TALK FOR THAT BRIEF 20 SECONDS. I TOLD THEM I VISITED NEW YORK AND LOVED IT. AFTER THE RIDE I MADE THEM LAUGH AS I LIMP OFF THE RIDE AND SAY , " WELP , LOOKS LIKE I'M NOT HAVING ANY MORE CHILDREN. " I DID THIS JOKING WITH PEOPLE ALL DAY WITH ALL RIDES. THIS HUMORING HELPS ME COPE WITH MY FEAR OF ROLLER COASTERS.
- THE JOKER - ARE YOU F'N KIDDING ME ? WHAT SICK DEMENTED RAT BASTARD THINKS OF BUILDING A ROLLER COASTER WHERE YOUR SEAT SPINS DURING THE ENTIRE RIDE ? YEP.....GOING UP THE SLOW CLIMB....YOU SPIN. DURING THE RIDE.....YOU SPIN. MAN , WHAT AN EVIL F'N ENGINEER.
- NITRO - OK , WHEN MY COUSIN TOLD ONE OF THE KIDS , " SIT IN THE INSIDE SEAT AND WHEN YOU GO OVER THE TOP PUT YOUR LEGS OUT. IT WILL FEEL LIKE YOUR FALLING. " YEP......THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANTED TO HEAR. I TRIED TO GO TO THE BUGS BUNNY NATIONAL PARK ADVENTURE BUT NOOOOOOO IT HAD TO BE ANOTHER ROLLER COASTER. WELL , HE WAS RIGHT. AFTER THAT DAMN CLIMB TO THE TOP AND AT A GOOD SPEED YOU FLY OVER THE HUMP AND YOU ARE INVERTED PAST A 90 DEGREE ANGLE. YOU ARE LITERALLY NOT IN YOUR SEAT ANYMORE AND THAT INCLUDES THE HARNESS THAT HOLDS YOU DOWN. WHEN DONE , I ACTUALLY ENJOYED THIS RIDE BECAUSE IT WAS SMOOTH. THE DAMN COASTERS THAT BANG YOU AROUND WOULD EVENTUALLY COME AND I ACTUALLY GOT INJURED. AGAIN , BEING FAT AND ROLLER COASTERS DO NOT MIX.
- EL TORO - MY COUSIN TELLS ME , " THIS IS TIED FOR #1 IN ALL THE ROLLER COASTERS AS TO MAKE YOUR SHIT YOUR PANTS. " IT WAS SOMETHING LIKE THAT. THIS SICK MOTHER F'ING RIDE THROWS YOU AROUND AND BEATS YOU LIKE A PIÑATA. I BARELY SQUEEZED INTO THE SEAT WHICH WAS A COMMON THEME THROUGHOUT THE DAY. EACH WORKER I ASKED , " PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK MY HARNESS FOR I HAVE A LITTLE BIT OF A WEIGHT PROBLEM. " PUT IT THIS WAY , I DID NOT SEE ANY FAT PEOPLE RIDING ROLLER COASTERS. THERE WAS A REASON FOR THIS !! ANYWAY , THIS WOODEN COASTER HITS 70 MPH AND IT BOUNCES AND PINBALLS YOU ALL OVER WITH EVER QUICK TURNS AND TWISTS. ROLLER COASTER ENTHUSIASTS STRICTLY VISIT THIS ONE RIDE FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD. ONE LARGE COASTER GROUP ACTUALLY PAY EXTRA TO RIDE THIS MONSTROSITY ONE HOUR BEFORE THE PARK EVEN OPENS. BY THE END OF THE RIDE I HAD A RED MARK ACROSS MY LOWER CHEST , A SKINNED KNEE , LOWER BACK PAIN , AND I FELT DIZZY. YEP........NOT MY FAVORITE HERE.
- CYBORG CYBER SPIN - THIS SIMPLE RIDE JUST SLOWLY SPINS YOU IN DIFFERENT WAYS FROM UPSIDE DOWN TO SIDEWAYS. YOU ARE WATCHING IT FROM THE GROUND AND THINK " WELL , THAT'S NOT SO BAD. " I WAS WRONG.
- EL DIABLO - A ROLLER COASTER THAT JUST GOES AROUND IN A VERTICAL CIRCLE. I SAT WITH MY COUSIN AND LET THE KIDS AND MY COUSIN GO ON IT. THEY WAITED ONE RIDE , GOT ON , AND THE THING MALFUNCTIONED. THEY HAD TO GET OFF.
- JUSTICE LEAGUE : BATTLE OF METROPOLIS - THIS WAS ACTUALLY PRETTY COOL. AGAIN WE BYPASS A 45 MINUTE WAITING LINE AND GO RIGHT ON THE RIDE WITH OUR EXIT PASSES. THIS IS A 3D RIDE AND YOU HAVE GUNS TO SHOOT AT THE BAD VILLAINS AND FLYING SAUCER LIKE SHIPS. THE RECORD OF THE DAY WAS 92,000 POINTS FOR SHOOTING THE BAD GUYS. MY COUSIN GOT 88,000 WHICH IS PRETTY IMPRESSIVE. I GOT 11,000 TOTAL POINTS AND THAT WAS WITH 2 GUNS. THIS 3D RIDE MAKES IT SEEM LIKE YOU ARE GOING MUCH FASTER THAN YOU ARE. THE INSIDE A/C FELT GOOD TOO.
- SUPERMAN : ULTIMATE FLIGHT - I HEARD ABOUT THIS ROLLER COASTER AND ALL GOOD POSITIVE REVIEWS. MY COUSIN AND I TALKED TO 2 NICE YOUNG GIRLS WHO HAVE RIDDEN IT BEFORE WHEN IT FIRST OPENED YEARS AGO. OF COURSE I TOLD THEM , " I JUST WANT TO WARN YOU THIS IS MY 1ST ROLLER COASTER RIDE AND I TEND TO SCREAM LIKE A LITTLE GIRL. " THEY LAUGHED AND WE TALKED. I LIKED THEM. THE RIDE PLACES YOU IN A HORIZONTAL POSITION WITH YOUR LEGS SEMI DOWN. LET'S JUST SAY THE " DOGGY STYLE "POSITION. I MIGHT OF MADE A JOKE ABOUT THIS SEX POSITION TO MY COUSIN AND THE GIRLS NEXT TO HIM. THE RIDE WAS PRETTY COOL AND ONE TIME YOU " FLY " VIA AN INVERTED LOOP. I WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT. OF COURSE I CURSED ABOUT IT. I LIKED THE RIDE BUT HAD ONE ISSUE. WHEN THE RIDE IS OVER YOU HANG IN THE DOGGY STYLE POSITION FOR NEARLY 3 MINUTES. GOD I FEEL BAD FOR GIRLS. I DID MAKE THE KIDS BEHIND US LAUGH BECAUSE YOU SEE THE RIDERS SNEAKERS IN FRONT OF YOU. SO , I DID A LITTLE SNEAKER AND ANKLE DANCE WHILE HANGING IN THE AIR. THE KIDS LAUGHED BEHIND ME AND SO DID PEOPLE WATCHING ME.
- KINGDA KA - I BAILED ON THIS RIDE FOR MANY REASONS. I WILL POST A PICTURE ON FACEBOOK AND YOU WILL SEE WHY I BAILED ON THIS. SO HERE ARE MY EXCUSES.....I MEANS REASONS. AGAIN , REMEMBER....I AM NOT A ROLLER COASTER ADRENALINE JUNKIE BY ANY MEANS.
1 - THE F'N RIDE GOES FROM 0 TO 128 MPH IN 3.5 SECONDS. RIGHT THERE IS ENOUGH REASONING NOT TO RIDE IT.
2 - THE F'N RIDE GOES 1,000 FEET STRAIGHT UP.
3 - THE F'N RIDE GOES STRAIGHT DOWN 1,000 FEET.
4 - IT WAS NOW DARK.
5 - MY BODY WAS STILL HURTING FROM THAT DAMN EL TORO AND I WAS FEELING DIZZY.
6 - I DID GET TO HANG WITH JUST MY COUSIN AND TALK. THIS I DID ENJOY. I EVEN CALLED WHEELS AND LET THEM TALK.
7 - AT NIGHT , SEEING IN THE DISTANCE THIS IMPOSING STRUCTURE MADE ME FEEL QUEASY. IN HIND SIGHT I SHOULD OF JUST DONE IT AND SUCKED IT UP. BUT THE NEXT MORNING AND I AM STILL FEELING PAIN IN MY STERNUM AND BACK AREA.
THERE ARE PROBABLY SOME RIDES I MISSED BUT THIS WAS A VERY GOOD TIME. AGAIN , I HAVE TO THANK MY COUSINS FOR THE EXPERIENCE.
WE SAY OUR GOODBYES AND DECIDE TO STOP AT MCDONALDS FOR ICE CREAM. MAN , IS THIS BUSINESS IN A PERFECT LOCATION. 35 MINUTES IN THE DRIVE THOUGH LINE. WELP , I WAS IN THE WAITING MODE AND THE KIDS PLAYED " CRAZY 8'S " ALL TOGETHER ON THEIR CELL PHONES WHILE WE WAITED SO ALL GOOD. I REALLY ENJOYED THEIR COMPANY TOO.....EVERYBODY WAS COOL.
MADE GREAT TIME COMING HOME AND I CHILLED WITH WHEELS FOR A NIGHT CAP. I TOOK 4 ADVILS AND WENT TO BED.
All content © Copyright 2001 WHEELS INC.